A little while back I tried the cloud based note keeping service called Evernote. It was ok. I would save some things and go back to it from time to time. It was…well…fine.
I think my lack luster relationship with it was that I was using it at the time before a smartphone, before a tablet/other connected devices. So basically it was just like my browser’s bookmarks.
About a month ago I tried it again. I read up on the “best practices” and some creative uses for Evernote and then jumped in. I am loving it. Some of the things I am using it for are:
- Jotting down ideas about sermons
- capturing websites, articles and other things for leadership development
- I can forward important project emails to it.
- draft blog post ideas
- record audio as notes with searchable tags.
- take pictures of receipts (which i always lose) for later on.
- ….the list goes on
People describe this service as a second brain. It is but it doesn’t forget, hence the elephant logo. However this is not to say that I will now not forget.
Give it a shot and enjoy 🙂