I have to admit to you that I am an introvert pure and simple.
So the past couple of weeks have had more lunch/coffeehouse meetings than ever it seems like. Today was no exception and proved to have some really neat conversation and lots of variety. So i thought I would just share conversations from today:
- Breakfast coffee: Talk about the directory we are working on and how it is an important tool for FP
- post coffee in the coffee house: challenges of syncing on demand video between thousands of people.
- Gym conversation: need for a variety of different workouts
- Lunch meeting: micro biology and the neat findings through research with termites.
- Checking out while getting snack for FCA: Love of Lead Zeppelin and a longing for 8-track players to come back….seriously
- FCA: why middle schoolers have a hard time listening to their parents
- Finance meeting: Why there is a strange slot in Jeff’s new laptop
- With our admin: How to better understand and utilize the facebook news feed algorithm for more views of our page.
- Finally, Emails about chainsaws and clearing trees
It was a rather interesting day of conversation. I love my job.
The past few weeks at faithpoint have lead to some really great conversations. A number of people have come to me saying that it is great that we are able to have the conversation and ask any question. I can’t help but think about how we are to work out our faith. If church isn’t the place to ask any question without fear where can we? Are we just to assume that those who come after us will just ride the coattails of what we believe? How is that a solid faith.
If we can’t have conversations about living out a real in church then where do we expect the conversations to happen?
Ok, so I have to say that there are some really cool parts about being a pastor. One of the really neat things that I get to do on a weekly basis is sermon prep (study scripture, read books about cool things and share stories with other people about what they think about a certain topic). There are many things that don’t make the cut for Sunday morning and that challenge or stretch my thinking throughout the week. There has been some really rich interactions at church and online about these questions that we woudl ask God. I thought that I would share some of the things from this past week’s prep that i found striking or that has stuck with me.
this afternoon we were able to get in some sledding before the sun went down. The run was a little too short so we added some snow onto the driveway to make the run a little longer. Also we had to move the cars so that Eden could learn what shooting the gap was. Next challenge is clearing the gap, but we will need more snow to make the ramps.
Shooting the gap
Riding with Dad