So there hasn’t been much posting going on here for the last little bit because it is simply something that has fallen off of the plate for the past little while.
I have notes, drafts and potential posts scattered throughout my bags and notebooks, but there is little progress that is really happening. There are a couple of reasons for this. My rationalizations about neglecting my blog are:
- I have been the one one at the helm for the past little while while our Senior Pastor is on Sabbath rest.
- I have a very pregnant wife who just the other day admitted she is nesting (in reality it has been happening for many weeks). This means painting the baby room, getting furniture set up, grooming the dog and other things around the house.
- I have been working on another little digital brainstorm to equip youthworkers in my area with teaching, training and resources. The hope was it would be a launch pad for community, connection and events. So some blog energy have been put into theYMcloud.com which may not see real daylight for a while now.
- confirmation class has started which adds another layer of teaching on to my weekend preaching, youth lessons and small group teaching.
- We are having a Kid in May. Baby Bethany Grace will be here soon
- Finally, I am going to be reappointed in July to Faithpoint church in Urbana. I am excited at the new ministry opportunities with this community. SO the next couple of months will be filled with good-byes and finishing well at Middletown UMC,
Some of you might read this as a list of excuses, but I just wanted to give a heads up as to what is going on in the real life of this dad/pastor that has cut my web time down rather drastically.
I am hoping to get some stuff up soon because I have some posts that I would like to get out about being the one at the helm, transitions, and how planning for a second kid changes the game (again).
In the mean time if we haven’t connected recently, let me know how you are or lets connect up for coffee.
What an adventure this conspiracy of grace is.